I have a fun game I play where I love to gather change from around the house. If it comes from the Laundry (or pretty much anywhere it's laying around), I deem it a "tip for mom." I then put Mr. Miser to work sorting. When the roll is full, It goes into the Spytribe Bank (tin). I then hoard my coins (kinda' like Scrooge) until I feel the urge to 'splurge.' So today, I made $18.50 plus in tips. Not a bad for 3 loads of laundry, PTSA directory work, heating ABC123 rings with meatballs, painting some boards, talking to Mom and Dad.....
4 comments:
Hey, I like the whole 'tip for Mom' thing. I'm going to put a label on our change jar telling the rest of my family to keep their grubby paws out, that's MY tips! :)
It is amazing how much change is just floating around the house. We have change cups in our kitchen, office, and bedroom closet. Just before we moved, Zane gathered up all the cups from around the house and rolled them up. Would you believe there was over $80 in change? This was a build up of about a year.
I also claim any change from the washing machine! Unless it is paper bills, it goes straight into my pocket.
I always say that I find $ when I do house work, and its true! I've tried to use this incentive to get the kids working but they don't believe me!
we don't have a machine to count our money, so the Kids & I rolled the piggy bank - $200 + It was so heavy!
Post a Comment