
Today, I chaperoned Shea's class on a fieldtrip to the Kangaroo Conservation Center in Dawsonville, GA. Yes. You read that right. There are Kangaroos in 'them, there hills" of North Georgia. http://www.kangaroocenter.com/ and did you know:
* Kangaroos are the second fastest land animals at 55 mph?
* Kangaroos have a gestation of 30 days, but nurse for about 15 months?
* "Kangaroo" means "I don't understand" in Aborigine so they told us at the center?
* There are more than 300 Kangaroos living in the North Georgia Mountains?
* I've always been intrigued by Kangaroos? I mean...they start with the letter "K" & seem pretty fun. How could you not love these animals?
2 comments:
So your hiking along in the North Georgia mountains and suddenly at 55 mph something hops across the trail. I don't think I'd feel inspired, I'm leaning toward the freaked out side of things. Seriously 300 of them hoping around out there, that's amazing!
Yes. That could be bad, but I'm not so concerned after seeing how they are. And...I failed to mention...they are all contained. They said they've never had an escapee. ;o) So you can put your fears aside. BTW...I'm thinkin' of apple orchards and thinkin' of you (with your applebutter self). ;o)
Post a Comment