Monday, March 16, 2009

FRIDAY, the 13TH...ALMOST


On Thursday, the 12th, my fresh teen nearly died. He was overconfidently riding the 4 wheeler & rolled it, pinning his head between a rock & the tire, but underwater in the creekbed. He almost drowned. His cousin & sister were spectators in the terrifying episode. The boys cried intermittently for an hour or more, while Shea's eyes were rimmed in red. I've heard of fatal quad accidents, but reality has hit. I'm so thankful for the outcome. Miraculously, the quad rolled off Rett and freed him to live. He had been wearing his helmet earlier, but this was supposed to be just a quick move....ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMETS. I'm humbled and thankful for our Father in Heaven who watches over us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh that is horrifying!!! I am so glad that he is OK, that makes my heart skip a beat...just a little ride who would have known, ug!

Tori Bennett said...

I will see your "oh my gosh" and raise you a "oh my heck!"

How scary for all of you. I am so glad to hear that he is okay. He was definitely being watched over that day.

Joele and Matt said...

That is so scary. I'm so glad he is alright!

Anonymous said...

heart-attack! slap him upside the head for us.

Sarah Young said...

Holy cow Kathleen that is so scary!! Man, I am so glad that he is safe and that he was watched over and protected.