
1st time my water broke! I was finally climbing into bed, ending a terrific day. I had had my 2nd baby shower for my 1st born. My church family had showered me with lots of love and gifts and my family, near and far, had given me a crib and stroller/carseat combo. "I was ready!" I had also babysat an active little boy, the missionaries had stopped by, I squeezed in a nap......I don't recall what was for dinner. Now I was moving my slumber from the couch to bed. I climbed in between the sheets and realized, I had wet myself. How did that happen? Hmmmm? I better go to the bathroom to make sure I'm on empty (or at least try, being 37 1/2 weeks along with child), plus I need to change into something dry. I sat down on the porcelain throne and had nothing to contribute, so I stood up...trickle, trickle....sat down.....nothing....stood up...trickle, trickle....Wait a minute? Did my water just break? I calculated the time difference between here in the South and there in the Southwest. My sister of 3 knew all about this water breaking stuff. It was 2 hours difference. I called and she confirmed. "Oh My Heck! You're having that baby." Next I called my doctor. Well actually, after I called the answering service, Dr. Magoo (he reminds me of Mr. Magoo) called back and said "Go to the hospital." Then I called my parents. It was official. We headed to the hospital less than 2 miles away. 13 hours later, I had a beautiful, healthy baby boy we named James Rett Speidel. So as of today, I have a teenager who is slightly taller than me, I think. And now you know the rest of the story.
3 comments:
What?! Where did that cute little 5 year old go?! Happy 13th Birthday Rett! Wow... a teenager...
I love that picture of you and your little mister sleeping. So sweet! It really is wild how fast time flies when it comes to raising kids!
Looks as if we have our first teenager together! My thoughts and prayers are with ya:) ha ha
Post a Comment