

So it's over...Spring Break. I think I'm not the normal mother because I like it when the kids are out of school. We get to sleep in, stay up late, read if we feel like it (rather than as an assignment), etc. I had grandious visions of spring cleaning and outings, but neither materialized. I got sick. URRR. But, not all was lost. We spent the latter half of the week at the lake house with friends and the fun began. We spent a day in Chattanooga touring Rock City (http://www.seerockcity.com/Flash/index.htm)and Downtown. I thought I had experienced most of Chattanooga, but I was wrong. LOVED Rock City. They had this amazing Fairy Tale/Nursery Rhymes section. Just Ivy and I wandered through as I sang nursery rhymes to her. It was surreal for me. Just what I envision ultimate motherhood to be. I think she liked it too because she laid her head against my cheek, got heavy, and resisted leaving that area. We got caught in the rain, stole wishing coins, rode a carousel, and ate at Cheeburger Cheeburger (http://cheeburger.com/menu.asp). The week ended with Rusty taking me swimsuit shopping and I found a few. I was in DIRE need of a new suit. You know it's bad when your husband bends space and time to get to the store before they close. Then sits and watches you model suit after suit for WELL over an hour. This year I'm going the Tankini/Board short route. Drastic change from my frumpy worn suit from the past 3 summers. I can't wait until summer. Spring Break gave me a taste of the fun that lies ahead. Life is good!
6 comments:
I loved Rock City! We went one year for Spring Break too and it rained most of the time! We have almost identical drizzly pictures of our kids on the same lookout point. We felt like the only losers not going to Disney that year and took 3 days in Chattanooga instead. It was great. I'm glad you had a good time. Now that I think about it... I think you suggested Chattanooga to us!
We never made it to Rock City...so sad. I love your swim suit story, I hate swim suit shopping. I can't imagine having Alan tag along to see the good, the bad, and the ugly.
That looks like fun. We haven't been there yet. I think we will have to go check it out sometime.
T-We're in the loser bracket with ya' because we skipped Disney, too.
K-I hate swimsuit shopping too. It did help to have Rusty there to offer constructive criticism ;o). Does Alan know how to post those baby pictures to the blog. I'm so excited for you.
R-I highly recommend Chattanooga (as Tori can attest). LOTS to do and see. As noted, I keep discovering more of Chattanooga. It's closer than you think too. Mostly freeway.
I've done the Aquarium and the Children's Museum with the kidlets. But I haven't been to Rock City since I was a kid! You've inspired me to go, it sounded like fun!
What a fun spring break! The rain just makes it that more memorable. I love that you love your little monkeys so much! I hope that I too will love when they are out of school so we can go play...I don't even want to think of Thatch leaving to school yet, UG!
Post a Comment