Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Eggselent


Last week I had to buy eggs because Bea and Tsu (our 2 chickens) had not been producing. Shea, keeper of the chickens, has the duty of gathering eggs daily. For about 2 weeks she has returned with "no eggs." Rett, waterboy for the girls, went to perform his duties one day, the day I bought eggs. I asked him to do some follow up on Shea's work. He came back with 16 eggs! Apparently, Shea was not checking ALL the nesting boxes and the hens had been laying in the upper boxes. Because the weather had warmed up, I felt that it would be unsafe to consume eggs that had not been refrigerated for WEEKS! I learned that flinging 16 eggs into the woods is a great stress reliever and Shea paid me for the eggs I bought that day. ;o) All's well that ends well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so great I love that you have your kids doing chores...animal chores it is great in building character, way to go mom!!!