Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fool's Day

I love April Fool's Day. Perhaps it's that I love a good surprise, but this day has fond memories for me. 17 years ago, today, we announced our engagement. Then 3 years ago, I had THE BEST prank ever and it was on me.

I was going to pick up my nephew for the weekend. I arrived at his school. The plan was to load up their luggage first and then go back into the school to retrieve my nephew. When I walked back out to my truck with luggage in tow, I couldn't find my truck. How could this be? I had parked right in front of the preschool...I thought. Where I thought I had parked was an excursion just like ours, but it had those racy mud flap girl silhouettes. That would NOT be my truck! But as I took a closer look, the mud flap girl was actually a PREGNANT mudflap girl. Okay, so it WAS my truck. My fun husband had got me! I was 8 months pregnant so he modified the girl to be pregnant. I had driven a good 15 miles without noticing. I proudly drove around the rest of the day with a smile on face, we took pictures, and then peeled them off. I love that about Rusty! He keeps me laughing.

3 comments:

Sarah Young said...

That's what I call a hot mama! Haha!

Anonymous said...

This does not surprise me at all that you love April Fools day...you wanting to be a clown and all.

Tori Bennett said...

That's a good one! Now, I would love to see those pictures!