Monday, February 1, 2010

SLOW DOWN?

2010 is going too fast. Perhaps it's my weekday schedule which goes like this (My mom has always encouraged me to write it down cause I'll forget how crazy things were):
5:00AM Beep...Beep...Beep.....
5:30AM Workout
6:30AM Wake kids
6:45AM Breakfast
7:20AM Tour de school bus begins
8:05AM Tour returns home
Laundry, Work, Teach, Grocery shopping, Appointments, Classes....
2:20PM Elementary school pickup
Grocery shopping, Piano, homework....
3:30PM Middle school pickup/Violin on Th (juggle...juggle)
4:00PM Gymnastics on MF
5:00PM Gymnastics on TTh
5:30PM Teach piano Thurs
6:00PM LaCrosse WF and S at 12:30PM
6:30PM Pickup from Gymnastics MF
7:00PM Lacrosse M
7:00PM YM/Scouts on Th AND/OR Pickup from Gymnastics TTh/FHE on W
7:30PM Pickup from Basketball on M


Would I change it? NO WAY! I love being a teacher, taxi driver, cheerleader....24/7 MOM. It's exhausting, but I wouldn't change it. I've thought about how I would scale back, but I love that we can provide our children with opportunities to develop their talents, expore opportunities, and learn. Plus, it keeps them busy, busy and my mom said that kept us out of trouble. Thanks mom for your wisdom, love, support, example. She did all the above for us growing up AND worked. Wow! (I think she started her days at 3:30AM/4:00AM)

1 comment:

amy said...

Yes! Mom is amazing and inspiring. And so are you. You have amazing kids and one day they will realize the huge part you played in who they are. (At least that's what I tell myself)