Monday, January 19, 2009

AS PROMISED

I've NEVER made waffles...until 3 weeks ago when Santa brought me a waffle maker. Sad, huh? Well now I'm hooked. We started with Bisquik, but then I found this terrific recipe where I don't have to separate the eggs, but I do follow the "beat eggs for 1 minute' instruction. I also sprinkle with chocolate chips before 'closing' the waffle hatch/lid for baking. Then I take some frozen strawberries, add a little water, & about 2 Tablespoons of sugar. Simmer that strawberry mixture on the stove. I spoon some strawberries over the chocolate chip waffle and crown with whipped topping. Mmmmmmmmmmm!

I give to you, the new found waffle recipe....

3 cups sifted flour
5 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
4 eggs
2 1/4 cups milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup butter, margarine, or vegetable oil

Sift flour with baking powder, salt, and sugar into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, beat eggs for 1 minute.

Add milk & vanilla extract to beaten eggs. Add milk-egg mixture to dry ingredients; beat only until well blended. Add butter (or margarine or oil) and beat until blended. Bake in preheated waffle iron. Makes about 5 cups batter or about 9 round waffles.

7 comments:

Rianne said...

Waffles look super good! I will get you that story!

Joele and Matt said...

I don't know why but I have been hankering for a good waffle. Thanks for sharing the recipe cuz now we will have to try it!

Sarah Young said...

Ummm, yes please! That looks WAY too delicious! I think after Laura's workout this morning I could polish of three or four of those bad boys!

KatSpy said...

Ivy downs 2 without effort. They are soooooo scrumdilliumptious!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to try these babies! Waffles are "like" my favorite food EVER!!!

The Blocksom Family said...

Kathleen - Steven has told me in no uncertain terms I am to make waffles with Chocolate chips in the next weekend. :) He said that I never make waffles - which isn't true - I made them last week - he just wasn't home - of course! So I am going to borrow you recipe because he has been raving about them ever since he had them at your place. I am looking forward to that brownie waffle recipe. Yum!

KatSpy said...

lol Angie. Rusty actually gets credit for those waffles Steven is raving about. I didn't have time to make up my batter so Rusty used Bisquik. ;o) You may want to just save yourself the time and hassle if he enjoyed them that much. lol Once you start making them from scratch, he may not want to go back.....