Each year, the elementary school offers a reading incentive. Read for 6 hours and recieve a pass to 6 Flags amusement park. All three children accomplished this so we knew we would be going to 6 Flags sometime this summer. We were thankful to only have 3 tickets to buy and then we found some coupons to further help finance our day of fun. We took the money we saved and put it toward fast passes. Then the fun began. I hadn't rode a rollercoaster since before Rett was born. (gasp) I was either pregnant, nursing, or watching wee ones. So this was a big day for me as well as Asa and Ivy who had never gone. It was EXTREMELY hot and quite busy. We were thankful for the fast pass especially when the rain sent many home. I finally got to ride the beloved Superman and It's my favorite. It locks you in then turns 90degrees, and the entire ride you're belly down. I got into it trying to put my hands out like Supergirl only to have the full effect diminished because of restraints. What made the ride for me was seeing the bottom of the shoes of the people in front of us because they were "flying" also. In addition, at the beginning of the ride, you 'fly' up stairs just as if you were truly flying. It was so COOL! It made feel like I was still young at heart. Oh and we got to get pictures with Wonderwoman, Batman, and Green Lightning. It was Great! I look forward to returning, but hope to go when it's cooler next time.

Riding Thomas the Train

Asa intimidated by superheroes
No comments:
Post a Comment