Sunday, June 29, 2008

Lake Lubbers!





We went to the lake yesterday and had a good time. Summer is halfway over and this was our first time on the boat this year. Shame on us! Shea knee boarded/tubed, Rett skied/wakeboarded/tubed, and Asa tubed. Asa & Shea continued working on their dives and strokes while Ivy anxious got in with Daddy. Of course my fair skinned children got too much sun...again. It's nearly impossible to get through a summer keeping them burn free. Not only is their skin fair, but it's sensitive. Sometimes sunscreen just doesn't agree with them and it hurts their skin or eyes or whatever. With every burn, the guilt of premature aging and skin cancer grows. What's a mom to do? I don't think stop going to the lake is the solution. We are lakelubbers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks fun! I can't believe how fast the summer is going too!

Sarah Young said...

Rock on pasty white people! Tell your kids I feel their pain! I'm either lobster red or pasty white, there's no happy medium!

Tori Bennett said...

Kylie is the same way. Her little red-headed fair skin just burns so quickly. I feel like such an idiot that first burn of the summer when I just didn't think about it. My other kids tan nicely, but Kylie just fry's.

Looks like a fun day a the lake.