It's been a rather interesting year, but today will be one of those days that defines 2009. My Grandmother died today and my heart hurts. Yes, I will see her again, thanks to the gospel of Jesus Christ, but selfishly, I wanted her to be around for a little longer. I wanted to see her one last time to hug and say "I Love You." I also wanted to remind her that her little ole' self was still the most amazing person and that she was a strength to me.
She was one of those people who have an influence on your life. She was cheerful and happy all her 92 years. Last time I spoke with her, Thanksgiving day, she told me that her patriarchal blessing had promised her happiness all her days. It was fulfilled. Even as I spoke with her then, she was making ME laugh and I know that made her happier to see that, even at 92, she could bring joy to others.
She's happier today. She is with her husband and baby girl that she has yearned to see for so long. And for that, I'm happy for her.
3 comments:
Oh, Kathleen, I'm so sorry for your and your family's loss. My heart is hurting right along with you. {hugs}
If we are happy for her, why does it hurt so bad?
I don't know why it has to hurt...actually, I think it should hurt because she was so dear to our hearts. I'm thankful for that. I will be seeing you very soon.
Post a Comment